IFSEA will federate all local research forces and industrial partners in a single program. It will include 3 complementary research themes covering the whole seafood sector:
- marine ecosystems, from biodiversity to resource sustainability;
- safety and quality of seafood products;
- logistics and governance of seafood trade.
IFSEA will build on 8 specialties of existing masters to build a new master's degree in "marine, maritime and seafood sciences", divided into 4 specialties:
- marine and fisheries ecology;
- quality and valorisation of sea products;
- supply chain engineering and transport;
- port management and coastal planning policies.