Atlantic Network on Genetic Control of Fish and Seafood Labelling and Traceability
Within the framework of the European Interreg «LABELFISH» project, a work shop on the theme of «Traceability / Authenticity of seafood products» will take place on:
Wednesday 29th May 2013 from 9.30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
at Ifremer – rue de l’Ile d’Yeu – in Nantes
· Presentation of the ‘Interreg Espace Atlantique’ «LABELFISH» project by Carmen Sotello, project co-ordinator – ‘Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)’ or Véronique Verrez-Bagnis - Ifremer
· Presentation on the European policy with regard to the traceability of seafood products by Jann Martinsohn – European Commission, Joint Research Center, Ispra (Italy)
·Behaviour, motivation and consumer needs in terms of fresh seafood products: new opportunities and marketing strategies by Stéphane Gouin and Marie Lesueur – ‘Agrocampus Ouest CFR Rennes, Pôle halieutique’
· Presentation on the point of view of consumers Alexandre Baliello – ‘Association nationale de défense des consommateurs et usagers (CLCV)’ [French National Association for the Protection of Consumers and Users]
· TRASEAPILOT: Development of a database for exchanges common to all in the aquatic products sector by Catherine Beutin – AQUIMER Pole of Competitiveness
· Genetic traceability applied to fish by Daniel Sellos – ‘MNHN Station de Concarneau’
· Identification of fish species by DHPLC: solution for processed samples containing several species when direct sequencing has failed by Thomas Carton - BIOFORTIS
· Breaking seafood authenticity: geographical origin perspective by Miguel Ángel Pardo – AZTI - Tecnalia (Spain)
Moments for exchanges will be encouraged. This workshop will be mainly in English.
This workshop is free upon prior registration. You will be charged €11.25 for an onsite meal. Closing date for registration is the 23rd May 2013.
Information and registration: Véronique Verrez-Bagnis – Ifremer, rue de l’Ile d’Yeu, Nantes – tel. 02 40 37 40 81 – e-mail